HPHNS - Our Services in the Helderberg area, including Gordons Bay, Strand, Somerset West and Stellenbosch
Most of the time we are called out to assist with one of the following:
- To do a Medical Aid assessment (usually in hospital).
- Called by a doctor for procedures to be done in the patient's own home (see separate list for procedures most often done at home).
- Hospice calls us to assist with palliative care and care for any terminally ill patients.
- Concerned family members who can see that the family need assistance.
- Absentee family members who are worried about their family.
- Patients in pain or distress.
- Patients or family members who want to begin to plan for future concerns e.g. operation and rehabilitation at home.
- Mothers and or working mothers who have a sick child at home.
- Mothers of twins or newborn babies needing extra help.
- General assistance with childcare (baby sitting).
- Short term assistance - often just an hour for bathing and dressing.
- Companionship - especially after the loss of a loved one.
- Nursing or caring for a client at home until alternative arrangements can be made for frail care or until the client can be moved elsewhere.
- Assistance to the primary care giver in times of illness or vacation.
- Assistance with ill relatives on vacation in the Helderberg area.
- Any other emergency at home.
HPHNS always has a sister on call for all nursing related problems for their clients.
Let us call you for a consultation and assessment of your needs. We have all the information you might require on a variety of services, from Retirement villages and Frail Care Homes, Private Nursing, Local Doctors and Specialists, Pharmacies and Nursing Services, Hairdressers and many more.
Our services also include the following: